Video has taken over the marketing industry in the past few years and continues to explode in terms of engagement and message retention. Why?
- Viewers will retain 95% of a message when it’s consumed in a video versus reading it in text, which has a 10% retention rate*.
- Videos on websites or social media platforms keep consumers on the platforms for significantly longer periods of time.
Extra fun nugget:
- By 2021, a million minutes (17,000 hours) of video content will cross global IP networks every, single second*.
So video cannot be ignored but how should it be used?
- Short and sweet is always best. (Thirty seconds to a minute is most likely to get watched all the way through)
- The rest is up to you, and this is the important part, ask yourself what story do you want to tell? Stories matter. Take this as an opportunity to tell the story of your brand and show the culture that exists internally.
As video continues to grow, brands need to figure out authentic content they can feature.